Dr. Michela Tacca
- Mindfulness-Based-Stress-Reduction - MBSR - Trainer, Institut für Achtsamkeit, Germany (2015-present)
- Content Management and Training, Booking.com, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (2013-2015)
- Maternity Leave (2012-2013)
- Postdoctoral fellow, Dept of Philosophy, University of Dusseldorf, Germany (2009-2012)
- Ph.D Cognitive Science, University of Siena (2008)
- Visiting doctoral student, Dept of Philosophy and Center for Cognitive Science, Rutgers University, USA (2006-2008)
- M.A. Philosophy, University of Siena, Italy (2004)
I still remember the day when at a friend's place in Italy, a woman, that I met for the first time, said she was doing a course and wanted to lead a meditation with us. Back then, I had no idea what a body scan or MBSR was, but the body scan was what she was teaching us.
What it feels like a life after, there I was in New York, doing my Ph.D. research on the role of attention in structuring visual and cognitive representations, and I found myself reading with enthusiasm about the effect of meditation on attention and visual perception. This is when I have got to know Mindfulness as a discipline, and learnt about the MBSR program and its beneficial impact.
I have been meditating since some years now, and combined my academic work with a real interest in teaching mindfulness as a method to help people better their life conditions. I am also interested in introducing mindfulness-based approaches in work environments and schools, to increase the quality of our our work-life and education.